Sunday, June 1, 2008
The diary of a "wanna-be"
OK, so you may have noticed that my blogspot url says jessicastokesphotography. I am sure that you are thinking...Jessica isn't a "photographer"...no I am not...but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night! LOL! Just kidding I didn't! OK, so I may not be a "photographer" but I want to be! Sooooo....name it and claim it right? It is something I want to do...so I figured I would go ahead with the blogspot url like that because that is a goal of mine.

This is something that I have always been interested in. Just ask my brother, Chuck and our cousin Dusty. Over the weekend we were reminiscing about how Gina (my cousin, Dusty's sister) and I made them get all done up with their button-up shirts and spiked hair and we hung up a black curtain and got a spotlight and made them pose..ahhhh back in the day. I have always been interested in photography, but recently the kids and I had a session with an AMAZING photographer in Pensacola, (Oeil Photography, http://www.oeilphotography.blogspot.com/) and I got bit by the photography bug BIG TIME!

I would love for you to follow along with me on my journey as a "wanna-be", it should be interesting to say the least. To start my new journey I got a Nikon D60 DSLR that I am absolutely in love with. In a little over a week I have taken more than 1200 pictures. A lot of them aren't worth sharing, of course with kids you have to take 100 to get 2 good ones! I have posted some of my faves to myspace and will posting some of them here as well. I am just starting to learn the ins and outs of my camera and photoshop elements 6. I figure I will start there and work my way up to better lenses and the full blown photoshop but for now, as a hobbyist, the lens I have and PSE 6 will suffice.

So I hope you enjoy reading my blog and joining me on this journey, and for any of you seasoned photographers that may be reading this, any constructive criticism, helpful hints, etc....would be greatly appreciated!
posted by Jessica Stokes at 4:00 AM -
2 Comments:
  • At June 9, 2008 at 6:13 PM, Blogger Kristy said…

    LOVE your pictues! I know that Jody has got to be thrilled with them, especially the b&w one...LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

     
  • At June 16, 2008 at 9:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    First must say that your daughter is a natural! The both of you work very well together. I especially liked the girls in the flowers and the toes in the sand and of course that beautiful newborn! Good job JAke!

     
Post a Comment

About Me
Name: Jessica Stokes
Home:

About Me:

See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Music Player

Get Your Own Free Hypster.com Playlist.

Layout by Sweetly Irresistible